"I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me with what I asked of him." 1 Samuel 1:27

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

IKEA

Oh how I love you Ikea! It was only my second time attempting the store and I am already planning a trip back. I say ATTEMPTING Boldbecause it will take you many hours to view everything. Today I had Hailey Grace. She was sound asleep when we arrived and some old lady woke her up. I thought to myself "does that old lady want a black eye" but I smiled and walked off before I could open my mouth. I will go back and soon and alone.
Photobucket


Hailey woke with green snot once again and was quite under the weather this morning. Once the Allegra and Tylenol kicked in she began to feel better. She was just irritated all day long for some reason and only an hour nap makes for an early bedtime. Tonight, I had her asleep by 7:30 because she just couldn't handle (or maybe I couldn't) being awake anymore. We were at the Bells house having a yummy dinner thanks to Chris and Hailey kept having meltdowns. Off we went and she did not put up a fuss to sleep.
Photobucket

Photobucket
After lunch, we headed to see our new apartment. While I had seen the complex, I had NOT seen the actual apartment. It's cute and will work just fine but VERY SMALL. The living room, I think I could reach all the way across if I tried. I keep telling myself that we NEED something small and not BIG at the moment. AND, think how easy it will be to clean!!! I like my room, I like my space so it will take some getting used to. That was the reason for the IKEA trip. We had planned on putting a full bed in Hailey's room but there is no way. Our living room it entirely too small for a couch, chair, coffee table and her toys. There is just no way to arrange it to make it fit. I tried. SO, we are going to do a twin bed or a day bed and that will allow her toys to be in her room rather in storage. I'd go nuts if they were in storage. It's a strange lay out in her room but it'll work. As far as us, it assured me NO KING BED. Have you ever sat on our bed? You won't ever want to sleep in another bed again, EVER. There are a few things I love about the apartment though. It has great natural light and a large bay window. The guest bathroom is pretty wide so that is definitely a plus with a linen closet in there. Garden tubs. Fake wood in kitchen and bathrooms. Like I said, it really is cute and once we are in with the right furniture, it will be great.

So back to shopping for a bed for Hailey. We looked a lot of cute beds, everything from wide toddlers to twins to daybeds. I'm pretty sure we'll do a twin or daybed incase we have company over. I tried to encourage her to climb and test them out. She refused...until this bed and climbed right on in!
Photobucket
Photobucket

Well, Hailey has been down for over an hour and Chris is working late so the bath is calling my name. I can't recall the last time I had a bath all to myself. Too bad I didn't stop for that bottle of wine so I could have a glass.

No comments: