"I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me with what I asked of him." 1 Samuel 1:27

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Funday Sunday & laundry day Monday

I LOVE funday Sundays. They remind us of our years in Colorado. It was a race to get to each Sunday because they were always filled with exciting and fun things to do. This Sunday, Chris was able to take a little time off on Sunday to spend with us girls. We laid in bed watching movies while sipping chocolate milk. It was nice to be in no rush and just enjoy the moment. For some reason, we were still showered and dressed by 11. Funny how that always happens.

We had lunch with the Bells and then Chris and I headed to Lake Lewisville for an Aspen Creek lake party. It was a lot of fun to meet all the people I have heard so much about. The celebration was at a wonderful home on a fantastic cove in Highland Village. It ended up being just a few doors down from Randy and Elizabeth so we were excited when Randy finally showed his face. The CEO of TXRH and his family hosted a great time and they were beyond nice. The entire family was there and everyone was so outgoing and lovely.
Photobucket
While we hung out with the adults, Hailey Grace went to Weatherford with Jim and Lynn to visit Grandpa. I KNOW she had a fantastic time and Grandpa sure loved seeing her. They played, blew bubbles, had dinner, saw the moon and then little worn out Hailey went to sleep. Chris and I were lucky enough to stop by for some crab legs and wings on the way to pick her up. What we thought would be fast and easy turned into a long drawn out stop due to our waitress not speaking English. Sweet Hailey slept during the car ride back to the hotel, the ride in the elevator, a diaper change, the tv, showers, airplanes, etc so that shows how sleepy she was. Thank you Jim & Lynn for watching her.
Photobucket


Photobucket

Today our main goal was to tackle the laundry. Chris needed clean work shirts and well truthfully, the work clothes will smell up a room fast. About 3 1/2-4 hours later, the last load is drying. Next Mother's Day, I am so getting the front loaders that can fit a ton of jeans. I'm already looking forward to it with all the jeans I will be washing in my future. If you didn't know, that is what Chris wears to work. They are heavy, big and hold smells in but lucky are much easier than ironing slacks each day and chef coats. Lynn said we could do laundry at their house so I was very thankful. The hotel only has one washer and one dryer since it isn't really an extended stay. Let's just say that it has been full each time I check.
Photobucket


Hailey woke up to green snot flying out her nose with each sneeze. Didn't I just post about how well she had been? I'm sure it jinxed me! Chris has had a sinus infection for about a week and now an annoying cough but yet isn't taking anything for it. I'm sure he either passed it on to Hailey or there is something in the air that is attacking them. We were on a mission to find a medicine dropper but wouldn't you know that we had to visit THREE places before finding one. The Pharmacist at Target must have felt sorry for me when Hailey blew lovely bright green snot all over my shirt because she gave me two free ones. Yep, in the middle of Target I am covered in green snot. I guess it is better than green poop though. We dosed her with some Allegra, she ate, played and has been asleep for 2 1/2 hours. When my allergies act up, it always makes my eyes heavy. Oh the Neti Pot will be working in over drive this week so I don't catch their craziness.
Photobucket


Tonight will be low key and I'm sure a little late on bedtime since Hailey is still asleep at nearly 5;30. We might get some food from Aspen Creek so that always perks us up. The weather has been a little crazy. One minute it is dark, rainy or cloudy and the next sunny. Hopefully we will be back in the pool tomorrow morning!
Photobucket

No comments: